Anti-static and electrically conductive wheels are categorised according to level of resistivity. Anti-static wheels generally have resistivity ratings of below: 10 ^ 6 Ω (ohms). Electrically conductive wheels have a resistivity rating below: 10 ^ 4 Ω (ohms). Please view our range of anti-static wheels below.(Prices at the bottom of the page)
Wheels shown above are the WPNEC and WAPA Series
Whilst the term anti-static generally refers to its ability not to generate a charge upon frictional contact with another material, if a charge is generated, it will be a fraction of what would otherwise be the case through a type of contact electrification known as the triboelectric effect.
Conductive materials on the other hand allow charges to go to ground more easily and thereby protect against shock or damage to equipment which is sensitive to electrostatic discharge (ESD). That said, it is generally recommended that electrically conductive wheels are used within environments where sensitive electronics are in operation, clean rooms,
laboratories and so on.
WPNEC / WAPA Polyurethane anti-static wheels
Weight capacities from 80 to 500 kg and wheel diameters from 80 to 200 mm
WPNEC Conductivity Resistance R ≤ 10000 Ohm, WAPA Conductivity Resistance R ≤ 50 Mega
WNYEC Nylon anti-static wheels
Weight capacities from 100 to 520 kg and Wheel diameters from 80 to 200 mm
Conductivity Resistance R ≤ 10000 Ohm
WGREC and WRNEC Series of Rubber anti-static wheels
Weight capacities 50 to 500 kg and Wheel diameters 50 to 200 mm
WGREC Conductivity Resistance R ≤ 10000 Ohm, WRNEC * Conductivity range is 10^3 ohm to 10^4 Ohm, ** PAH-free rubber to conform to EU-directive 2005/69/EC
Series 60AS antistatic Wheels
- Electrically conductive grey non-marking thermoplastic polyurethane tyred wheel (Shore 90-A).
- Bearings supplied with 2RS shields (waterproof protection) as standard.
- Scratch and tear resistant.
- Not suitable for rough terrain.
- Suitable in a wet environment.
- Wheels have an electrical resistance of less than 10 4 (10,000) Ω in accordance with ISO 2882
- Ball bearing bore (single bearing on 60 to 125 mm diameters)
- Quiet, easy running.
- Suitable for internal and external use. Example: concrete, ceramic tiles, asphalt etc.
- Suitable for use where alcohol, hydrocarbons, solvents and weak acids are present.
- Not recommended for use with strong bases.
- Operating temperature -20º C to +70º C