The Elan double skin steel partition system is a high quality, fully demountable double skin steel partitioning system. Providing flexible solutions for both office and factory applications, where appearance, looks and durability and sound absorbancy are important. This system is available in both non-fire and fire rated versions.
This industrial partition is also used to create open individual workstations without personnel feeling trapped inside a workstation. The Elan system’s half glazed option clearly segregates the individual areas effectively whilst maintaining clear visibility in all directions, as shown in the picture above.
Double skin steel partition was used at this site to not only protect staff from possible injuries but also, to reduce the effect of noise. Noise reduction capabilities can also be offered, with potential noise reduction of up to 36dB.
Within the double skinned steel partition system that we can offer has a wide variety of timber door options (in addition to our regular steel and glass options). They are available to suit either single or double doors, and come in ash, oak, sapele, maple, paint grade, and teak (available on request). A broad spectrum of speciality vision panels and door furniture / hardware is available in addition to our standard versions; please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Elan can also be used within a showroom environment , as in this example for a classic cars company. Again demonstrating its flexibility and superior aesthetics, the Elan system not only provides a screening for the classic cars but also incorporates a roller shutter door providing access to the workshop area.
Available in full steel, steel/glass/steel, steel/glass, fully glazed and chair rail glazed.
- There are four standard heights available: Dimensions (mm):- 2440, 2745, 3050 and 3660.
- All are available in widths of: Dimensions (mm):- 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000.
Double Steel Skin Colour options
We always prepare our products to the highest of quality. All panels are supplied with a TGIC and lead-free powder coat to an average thickness of 70 microns.
Non-standard and corporate colours are also available upon request, as are anti-static/electro dissipative and antimicrobial powder coatings.
Panels are prepared and powder coated in our UK-based factory.
* RAL 9006 available at an extra cost
Skirting is available in black and brown as standard, and a broad array of custom colours to match your preferred colour scheme. Skirting is 100 mm high as standard (however various heights are available upon request); 100 mm high x 3000 mm long x 2 mm thick steel skirting is available for fire rated applications.
The Elan system is available in either single or double-glazed configurations, both of which are fitted within the glazing section.
A Besin (Bee) board composite infill assists in noise reduction and gives a strong, lightweight core to the Elan system. For instances where fire rating is required, the besin board is replaced by a mineral wool infill.
Double Steel Skin Advantages
- Integrated blinds are available, which are controlled with a portable dial – keeping the panel face free from unnecessary clutter.
- Noise reduction capabilities can also be offered with potential noise reduction of up to 36dB.
- Completely demountable, enabling one panel to be removed without having to dismantle the whole enclosure.
- Panels can be supplied in a fire-rated version to BS476: Part 22:1987
AS (all steel), SG (steel glass), GSG (glass-steel-glass) and SGS (steel-glass-steel) panels all come in the standard sizes shown. A width of 1000 mm is available if the height is below 2438 mm.
- AG (all glass) panels have less height options, however have the same width availability.
- Elan is available in both non fire rated and fire rated configurations. Our fire rated panels are in filled with mineral wool and tested to BS 476: Part 22:1987 and have fire ratings of up to 1 hour, depending on panel configuration.
- Elan is also available acoustically enhanced. The mineral wool also provides noise reduction capabilities of up to 36dB (tested to BS 5821:Part 1:1984).