The fully automatic Rim Grip Drum Handlers are versatile and efficient for the movement of a wide variety of steel and plastic drums that are either open or closed toped. The hardened steel jaws lift from the rim of the drum thus allowing the safe movement of both new and damaged drums.
- Position the forks the correct distance apart to locate into fork pockets.
- Drive forks fully into the fork pockets ensuring thumb screws are suitably retracted.
- Tighten thumb screws on to forks ensuring that they are adequately tightened.
- Raise the forks, so the Rim Grip clears the ground and the lower jaw of the Rim Grip head is slightly below the Drum Rim.
- Once positioned move forward and raise the forks slowly and in the same motion until the drum is correctly ‘hooked on’ (a slight forward tilt on the mast is acceptable to assist the hooking on).
- Raise the forks until the drum sufficiently clears the ground/racking and tilt the mast back so that the Rim Grip pillar is vertical (a slight backward tilt also assists drum clearance).
- The fork lift can now be manoeuvred safely with the drum attached.
- To release the drum, lower the forks until both the jaws are released and clear of the Drum Rim.
- The Rim Grip is now ready for use again.
- Fully automatic without the driver leaving the safety of his seat
- Ideal for transporting over rough ground
- Zinc plated twist screws for safe attachment to truck
- Maximum fork section 125 x 50 mm at 620 mm centres
- Painted bright orange for safety
- Rubber pads to drum hoop to limit damage to drum
- Stainless steel for zoned areas
|Model||Capacity (kg)||Weight (kg)||C of G (mm)||LLC (mm)||No, of Drums||Price|
|IRG-1||750||70||850||Fork Length + 240||1||Call/Enquire for prices|
|IRG-2||1500||90||630||Fork Length + 240||2||Call/Enquire for prices|
Please call Merlin Industrial Products for the latest prices. Quick Delivery!
For more fork lift attachments, please see a fine selection from our online shop below.