Static Control Timber Workbenches offer the natural insulating properties of wood with the benefits of static control. The electronics industry produces and handles devices that are extremely sensitive to the discharge of static electricity. A person moving around on a chair or walking across a floor can generate electrostatic potential in the order of 20,000 volts.
The robustly manufactured Electrical workbench has been proven across many industrial sites around the United Kingdom. The manufacturer provides a wide range of electronics workbench products to various commercial enterprises, including electronic repairs and assembly lines both small and large.
Custom specifications are the main feature of this range of static control timber workbenches. Built for your space and requirements, the hand made benches provide the parts and accessories that you need to do the job.
The steel legs and frames are fully welded and can be finished in a wide range of RAL powder coated finishes. Delivered ready to use, and the factory can also offer installation if required.
The same factory can integrate both belt and gravity conveyors so that benches can be turned onto an assembly area, helping the flow of work move from initial build or repair all the way to the dispatch area for final assembly and packaging.
Integrated workbench and black sack waste receptacle.
Static Control Timber Workbenches Tops
Depending on your electrostatic requirements, we can offer all the benches in various tops. See the different tops below along with their specifications.
Furniture Linoleum is a total natural desktop, workstation or cutting table worktop
- Consisting of, linseed oil, resin, wood and limestone colour flour. As a material to use it is environmentally friendly, biodegradable whilst also durable in use.
- The combination of the ingredients provide a matt, warm and elastic surface.
- Furniture linoleum is available in a wide variety of colour choice dependent on your design requirements.
Furniture Linoleum is a unique surfacing material for furniture designs such as desks, stools, cabinets, doors and displays.
- It is renowned for its elegance and durability and being made of natural ingredients, a sustainable surface choice.
- The unique aesthetic and tactile properties ensure that every object develops its character. The combination of a mat surface and a warm, soft texture guarantees interior furniture with a truly distinctive, individual look & feel.
Hygienic & antistatic
- The natural composition and the special surface finish ensure that Furniture Linoleum is naturally antistatic. The linoleum worktops surface actively resists the build-up of static charges and prevents dust or dirt from sticking to the surface, and is also easy to clean.
ESD Worktop – Duropal / Resopal Laminate
(ESD) Electrostatically dissipative worktop complete with high-pressure laminate, with durable melamine resin surface and sanded reverse.
Ideal for: workstation worktops in ESD areas, e.g. at production and assembly workstations in the electronics industry. Also in areas where electrostatic charges are to be prevented, such as on production lines, in laboratories or control rooms.
- Manufactured to EN 438-3:2016
- Volume resistance RD
- 1 x 104 – 1 x 1012 Ohm
Measured dry, measurement voltage 100 V DC, cylindrical electrode, 20-30 °C and 20-50% rel. Humidity (96 h conditioning)
The decorative surface and the core consists of paper layers that are impregnated with thermosetting resins. The resins harden completely during the manufacturing process by heat and high pressure. They form a stable, resistant and non-reactive material.
Cleaning and care
- The surface can be cleaned with water and gentle cleaning agents.
- The use of cleaning products, cloths, sponges with abrasive ingredients, should be avoided.
- For removal of particularly stubborn stains, industrial cleaners suitable for plastic surfaces can be used. Before use we would recommend testing in a small, hidden area.
- The impact of water and cleaning agents should be limited to a short time period, drop quantities and standing water should be avoided.
- Please wipe the surface with a fluff free cloth all over and efficient dry.
Anti static worktop PE
Polyethylene PE1000 – Electrically conductive
Anti-static workstation material Polyethylene PE1000 sheet – UHMW electrically conductive is an electrostatic dissipative material providing a surface resistance of < 105Ω. This helps to provide dissipation of static charges and provide protection from electrostatic discharge. It is primarily used within the chemical, aerospace, mechanical engineering and power station industries.
- Electrically conductive.
- Highly resistant to bending and impact.
- Good wear characteristics and chemical stability.
- Highly resistant to cold with no moisture absorption.
The factory can can manufacture your Anti-Static or ESD workstations to your specification. We have numerous options available to ensure your work area is suitable for your application.
Please contact Merlin Industrial Products with your requirements for a quick quotation or advice.